This 1.25” accessory can be used three ways: as a 2X Barlow for visual use, as a prime focus T-adapter, or as a “Barlowed” T-adapter for double the magnification and the benefit of extra inward focus travel.
The 5P0083C Barlow & T-Adapter can be used as a 2X Barlow right out of the box. Insert any 1.25” eyepiece into the chamber and you’ll enjoy double the magnification, while retaining all the eye relief of the inserted eyepiece.
The Datyson 5P0083C Barlow & T-Adapter can also be used for prime focus photography, which means you use the telescope as a photographic lens—a very big photographic lens! Just unscrew the bottom section of the unit to remove the Barlow and slide the chrome barrel into the telescope’s 1.25” focuser or adapter. Lock it firmly in place with the focuser or adapter thumbscrew. T-threads on the top of the adapter screw into a T-Ring (sold separately) that is designed to attach to the brand-specific mounting flange of your DSLR or SLR camera.
Please note that some telescopes, especially “fast” refractors and Newtonians, may not have enough focus travel to allow the photographic image to come to focus when used in prime focus mode. In these instances, adding the Barlow to the T-Adapter will allow the telescope to reach focus. In “Tele-Extended” mode, the Barlow doubles the focal length and f/ratio of your telescope, resulting in an image on the sensor or film plane that is twice the size of a prime focus image.
Prime focus and tele-extended photography are popular for short exposure images of terrestrial objects as well as celestial objects like the Moon.
- The value must have 2x barlow lens doubles the magnification of any 1.25 inch eyepiece;double the capacity of an existing set eyepieces at the cost of a single eyepiece
- Datyson Barlow lens provide a high power magnification allow you look more closely and more detailed at the moon's surface and other planet
- 2X Barlow lens adopts 2 element one group broadband green film multi coated optical glass; the housing is blackened to maximize image contrast; both that make image more crisp and sharp without additional chromatic aberration
- Interface with M42x0.75mm Thread: With T/T2 (M42x0.75mm) male thread for T/T2 connectors, work as a t adapter. Connect DSLR or SLR camera to telescope easily via a separate sale t ring adapter. (Adapter not included)
- Connect DSLR SLR camera to telescope easily;the T ring adapter you buy separately depending on the model of camera
- Quality Made: Aluminum stock and black anodized body, precision machined; sturdy for a long term use.
- Free Dust Cap: Keeps lens clear easily with 2 pairs of dust cover.
Product No.: 5P0083C
Lens Diameter：1.25 inch/31.7mm
Lens material：pure optical glass lens
Sleeve material: metal
Lens coating：multilayer HD broadband green film
T Thread interface: M42 X 0.75mm or M35 X 1mm (suitable for connecting T thread camera adapter)
Lens Thread interface: M28.6 * 0.6mm (suitable for connecting accessories such as filters)
Net weight: 63g
Gross weight: 89g
2X Barlow lens * 1
Dust cover * 2
You may also like
Here are what our customers say.